Seattle Sound Homes – Beacon Hill View Point
Frameless Shower Glass
The full height, frameless, shower slider is a sweet looking option for your next bathroom remodel/upgrade!Thanks to…
Posted by KB Glass and Metal on Friday, March 4, 2016
Adding Glass to your Favorite Antique…
Adding glass to your favorite pieces is a great way to make decorations functional while adding elegance. The concept of the “garage sale” has changed dramatically in the past two decades. Sites like Ebay, Craigslist, OfferUp, and online auctions now own the antiquing industry. For all the pickers out there, we know nothing can really beat being the first one to a Saturday morning rummage sale, but maybe there is a better way to transform your treasures!
This is a picture of a what was once a basket!
Posted a new project!! #tenantimprovement #glazing #construction
Posted by KB Glass and Metal on Monday, January 18, 2016
Maximizing Your Tenant Improvement Allowance
TENANT IMPROVEMENT, OTHERWISE KNOWN AS “TI”, IS DEFINED AS AN ALLOWANCE PROVIDED BY THE LANDLORD TO BUILD OUT OR RETROFIT A COMMERCIAL SPACE FOR THE TENANT’S SPECIFIC — USE.
Things tenants should know for their improvements…
When starting any new project it is important to first establish a budget. TIs are no different. Tenants should negotiate an allowance or a budget from the landlord prior to inking the tenancy contract. For example, if a tenant is looking to build a Dentistry inside of an office building, the tenant should go through what exactly needs to be added. The Dentist can do it themselves, and we encourage that! However, we also understand that no everyone’s specialty is creating an effective affordable floor plan. That’s where we come in. Here are certain questions to ask yourself as you think about updating your space.
- What is your TI allowance?
- What would you like your floor plan to be?
- What functions would you like your new space to perform…(hospitality, medical, office, etc.)?
- What design or style will your completed TI provide your business/space?
- If you’re doing exterior work, are there any energy codes that should be adhered to? If so, How can you maintain the energy standards?
Popular services KB Glass and Metal can provide TI clients with…
- Exterior storefront – changing storefront layout including doors, sidelites, transoms, entrance packages or fire rated material
- Interior doors – framed aluminum doors with glass infill, frameless glass doors, sidelites and transoms with custom powder coated finishes available
- Interior storefront – This service is especially popular in car dealerships, office buildings, gyms and club houses
- Glass wall partition – office spaces, conference rooms, entrances and lobbies
- Interior sliders – framed or frameless stacking systems or traditional sliders for offices, conference rooms, or room dividers
- Mirrors – framed or frameless for gyms, lobbies or bathrooms
Adding a Custom Door to Your Project
IF YOU’RE LOOKING FOR A WAY TO MAKE YOUR HOME OR BUSINESS STAND OUT FROM THE REST, A CUSTOM DOOR OR ENTIRE ENTRANCE PACKAGE ADDS CURB APPEAL AND IS THE FIRST SIGN OF A WELL THOUGHT OUT BUILD/REMODEL.
Before you pull the trigger on a custom door…
- Decide what look you would like to accomplish with a custom door. Many think a custom door is what they’re looking for, but most of the time it turns out to be an entrance package with flashing, side-lites, and transom glass.
- Ask us for ideas, sketches, material previews, and pros/cons about each custom door or entrance package set up you’re interested in. You would be surprised the different intricacies we can do to accomplish your goals so there’s no need to settle.
- It is important to be inspired by something. Make sure to take a look at different custom doors and entrance packages and take a few ideas to make it your own!
- An entrance package includes a custom door! It also might include the windows on the side and on top of the door. In addition to the windows and the custom door, it may include a railing system, a canopy or awning (typically made from metal and glass nowadays). Figure out whether you’re looking for a custom door or an entrance package.
What separates us from the rest…
- We are able to make what’s called thermally broken systems for your custom door or entrance package.
- This means you’re not limited to standard painted wood for your custom door material. We specialize in taking commercial metal and glass products, retrofitting them, and installing them in a way that ensures the same energy expenditure each month.
- We have the ability to make the ENTIRE ENTRANCE PACKAGE (including the custom door) custom powder coated colors. A powder coated metal product will keep its color much longer and fade less in the elements.
AFC Market – North Seattle
Upgrading Aluminum Windows to Vinyl Windows
REPLACING ALUMINUM WINDOWS AND SLIDING DOORS TO VINYL WINDOWS AND VINYL SLIDERS IS WELL KNOWN AS THE FIRST STEP TO TAKE WHEN YOU’RE READY TO IMPROVE THE ENERGY EFFICIENCY OF YOUR HOME.
We work directly with the manufacturer to cut out the middle man and make sure you get the best value when replacing aluminum windows and installing vinyl windows.
Benefits in replacing your windows…
- Your house is warmer in the cold winter
- Not interested in purchasing an air conditioning unit? New windows help keep your home cooler during the hot months
- Drafts and cold surfaces reduced
- Replacing aluminum windows helps reduce noise coming from outside of your home
- Installing vinyl windows cuts energy costs down helping the environment without missing out on style
- Replacing your windows increases the value of your home and adds curb appeal
How you know if you should replace your aluminum windows for new vinyl windows…
- If your house is older than 1990
- If your windows have aluminum framing
- If your windows become foggy or generate condensation
- If you can feel a draft coming from the window when it’s closed
- If your home cools down rapidly during the winter
Keywords to know when shopping for vinyl windows and sliding doors…
- U-Value: The rate at which energy transfers through the material installed. You’re shooting for anything under a .30 U-value (.30 being the industry standard).
- Low-emittance (Low-E) windows: Windows that have clear coating that reflects the heat inside your home, back into your home. They are highly recommended for larger windows.
- Single Pane windows: Windows that have a single piece of glass between your house and the outdoors.
- Dual Pane windows: These windows have an insulated glass unit (IGU) within. It enables the purchaser to fill the IGU with different gases making it more efficient.
- Flashing: Materials that make water drain to the outside of your home rather than the inside for moisture control.
Attach a picture and your information for an estimate within 24 hours!
PO Box 3431
Remond, WA 98073
- 9th Ave Railings
- Amazon Glass Railings
- Ballard Development
- Beacon Hill View Point
- Club House at The Boulder Apartments
- Commercial Glazing
- Contact us
- Element 42
- Forever 21
- G By Guess
- Glass Mounted Towel Bars
- Glass Railings
- Glass Replacement
- Magnolia Development
- Mall Retail
- Plan Room
- Redmond Hyatt
- Safeway Complex
- Shower Glass
- Shower Glass Clamps
- Shower Glass Door Pulls
- Shower Glass Enclosures
- Shower Glass Hardware and Accessories
- Shower Glass Hinges
- Site Map
- Storefront Contractors
- Storefront Entrances and Storefront Doors
- Tenant Improvement (TI)
- Vinyl Windows and Sliders
- Wallingford Mixed Use Build